IACS is committed to equal employment opportunity. We will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally recognized basis including, but not limited to: veteran status, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, religious creed, gender identity, sexual orientation, homelessness, disability and/or age.
Openings for 2021-2022 School Year
7th/8th grade English/Language Arts Teacher
At Innovation, ELA teachers strive to inspire students to build and nurture a love of reading and writing through continued practice, coaching and mentoring. We use direct instruction sparingly as one tool rather than the norm. English/Language Arts teachers at IACS use a largely teacher prepared curriculum that supports the Common Core/Massachusetts frameworks.
Teachers who thrive at Innovation have passion and expertise in their content area that they eagerly share with students. IACS teachers value collaboration. We have a strong mentoring program for teachers new to the school and those new to teaching, including career changers and highly value supporting teachers in the professional community. Our school has a close-knit alliance of teachers, students, administration, and parents. The student population is diverse because students come to us from nine sending districts, the largest of which comes from Lowell. Teachers serve as advisors to a group of 12-13 students each year, building strong relationships with students outside of the academic classroom.
Ideal candidates will be prepared to teach ELA. We require a bachelor’s degree, ideally in Education or English or related fields; some coursework or work experience in teaching is important. Teachers are responsible for creating a stimulating classroom environment that helps motivate each student to practice and hone their written and verbal communication skills. Our ultimate goal being to shape empathetic, socially conscious individuals who will enhance the world around us. We expect our teachers to find joy from teaching a wide range of students and creatively manage their own classrooms.
Please apply through School Spring.
Part-time School Cook
Starting Date: August 24, 2021
IACS is looking for a skilled Cook to prepare and serve healthy, nutritious and delicious meals to its students and staff. Meals follow the National School Lunch Program (NSLP) guidelines.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Menu Planning
- Collaborate on the creation of a healthy and delicious monthly menu which incorporates the guidelines established by the NSLP
- Food Production
- Prepare ingredients to use in cooking
- Use of batch cooking methods
Follow instructions/recipes in cooking
- Cook food using various equipment, grills, ovens, steamers
- Deliver well prepared and presented meals
- Maintain daily Production Records
- Serve meals to Staff and Students
- Setup and breakdown of kitchen and serving area
- Food Safety
- Maintain safe and sanitary food practices
- Assist in the inventories of food and supplies for the purpose of ensuring availability of items required for meeting projected menu requirements
- Receive food deliveries and inspects food items and/or supplies for the purpose of verifying quantity, quality and compliance with mandated health standards
- Trained in culinary arts or experience in profession
- Serve Safe Certified is required
- Allergen Training is required
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Able to work in a high-energy environment
- Ability to work well with others using good communication skills
Excellent physical condition and stamina
- Able to stand for long periods of time
- Must be able to lift fifty pounds off the floor
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Diploma from a culinary school will be an advantage
- Experience working in a school cafeteria will be an advantage
Hours and Compensation:
Monday, Tuesday, & Thursday – 7:30 am-3:00 pm (20 hrs/week)
(Subject to change as needs change)
Hourly Rate: $16-$18 /hr commensurate with experience and training
Includes health benefits
Karen Drake, IACS Director School Nutrition
72 Tyng Rd
Tyngsboro, MA 01824
Part-Time Cafeteria Worker
IACS is looking for a part-time cafeteria worker to assist in the preparation and serving of meals to its students and staff. This is a perfect opportunity for anyone who is looking to work parent hours and enjoys working in a fast past environment. Candidates must be in good physical condition and stamina, able to stand for long periods of time and lift fifty pounds off the floor. Hours and Compensation: Monday, Tuesday,Thursday & Friday – 8:00 am-3:00 pm (Subject to change as needs change) Hourly Rate: $14/hr commensurate with experience and training. May include health benefits. Contact: Karen Drake email@example.com if you are interested in the opportunity.