For families of 7th and 8th Graders only
Problem-Solving Team: Monday 12/10/18 to Wednesday 12/12/18 (Please remember to arrange pick up at 2 pm)
Self-Direction Team: Wednesday 12/12/18 to Friday 12/14/18
The Sargent Center retreat is a 3 day, 2 night trip to the Sargent Center in Hancock, New Hampshire. This field trip has been a real highlight for the 7th/8th grade team for many years. You can read more about a past trip here.
- Medication Drop-Off and Pick-Up: State law prohibits students from carrying medication (prescription and over-the-counter medications).
If you are sending your child with any medications to Sargent Center, please follow these instructions:
- An adult should drop off medication on the morning of the trip to Mr. Pererya’s office (Room 503) in Landberg Hall between 7:30-8:15 am. If you cannot come during this window, please reach out to Federico Pereyra or me to make other arrangements for an adult to drop off medication at another time prior to the trip.
- Prescription medication must be in the original pharmacy container with the child’s name, dosage instructions, and physician’s name. Dosage and administration instructions must match the doctor’s orders you submitted. Please put the medication in a sealed plastic bag with your child’s full name, IACS and advisory written on the bag.
- Over the counter medication must be in the original container with administration directions intact. Dosage and administration instructions must match the paperwork you submitted. Please put the medication in a sealed plastic bag with your child’s full name, IACS and advisory written on the bag.
- Medication can be picked up on the afternoon your child returns between 2-4 pm. If you cannot come during this window, please reach out to make other arrangements for an adult to pick up medication at another time prior to the trip.
Required forms are indicated here and can be downloaded if you need additional copies:
- Information for Families
- [RETURN] Double-sided permission slip/behavioral expectations contract
- [RETURN] 3-page health form
Please note that the last page of the health form needs to be filled out by your child’s physician or nurse practitioner.
Please note that the IACS Health Office will not be able to provide copies of physicals/MD orders or paperwork which it may have on file. The Health Office will also not be sending any medication from the Health Office unless parents/guardians make arrangements with the Health Office at least one week prior to the trip; this includes epipens and inhalers.
Any medication that will be brought to the trip will be collected from students at school, on the morning of the trip.
- $345 fee, please make check payable to IACS
For financial assistance, please contact the Dean of Students (Federico Pereyra: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Packing List
Please remember that this is an unplugged time and students are not to bring cell phones or other electronics. If students need to call home, we’ll make phones at the Sargent Center available to them.