Student Services

Special Education Page

All students at IACS are supported with their academic studies by receive support from their teachers.  These supports can range from instructional practices, to curricular design, to ways of assessing student learning.  To see the many ways in which all students receive support, we encourage you to review our District Curriculum Accommodation Plan (DCAP).

In addition to these general supports, students with diverse learning needs are supported with plans that are individualized.  The information and resources below describe these specialized supports. 

  • Special Education
    Families of students with IEPs who are transitioning to IACS should contact Aimee Voleti to discuss the transition process.  Families seeking an initial evaluation for their child should also contact Aimee Voleti. See more here.


  • 504 Plans

    504 plans provide accommodations for students with disabilities.  Students or families with questions about 504 plans should contact either Middle School Dean of Students Freddy Pereyra or High School Dean of Students Stephanie Kelly.

  • English Language Leaners

    Students who are identified at registration as coming from a family that speaks a language other than English are screened to determine their English language proficiency. Students identified as English Language Learners are with provided with English Language Learning (ELL) services through both small group instruction and Sheltered English Immersion support. ELL services are coordinated by Heidi Bisso.

    Families requiring translation of written materials or interpretation at meetings should complete the Translation Request form and return it to the main office.